Friday, July 16, 2010

PNB does not get it!

I have a current account with PNB (Punjab National Bank) at Mira Road. Today I went to the bank to request a new cheque book for this account as I had run out of cheque leaves.

The bank asked me to submit the requisition form from the old cheque book. It also asked me to write the complete mailing address at the reverse of the requisition slip along with my phone number.(How stupid of them, they already have all these details on their record. What if I had mentioned a different address? Would they have sent me the cheque book at that address?)

Then the lady at the counter told me that I will soon get an SMS and an alert about the impeding arrival of my new cheque book.

And that the cheque book will arrive in 10 DAYS!

When I remarked that earlier one could get the cheque book the same day, she told me the bank is now computerized and cheque books are processed and dispatched centrally.

Whereas the whole world is going for de-centralization, PNB just does not get it and is going in the reverse direction.

When I got slightly upset, the lady got more upset than me and directed me to speak to her manager!

Fat good that was going to do anyway!

No comments:

Towards a just society....

Pure human greed is ruining our lives. We have become exploitative of our fellow human beings. Those who are involved in this game, cre...